Introduction to Modern Economic Growth (Hardcover – Illustrated, 4 January 2009)
OFFERS & DEALS
Cash on Delivery Not Available
Introduction to Modern Economic Growth is a groundbreaking text from one of today's leading economists. Daron Acemoglu gives graduate students not only the tools to analyze growth and related macroeconomic problems, but also the broad perspective needed to apply those tools to the big-picture questions of growth and divergence. And he introduces the economic and mathematical foundations of modern growth theory and macroeconomics in a rigorous but easy to follow manner.
After covering the necessary background on dynamic general equilibrium and dynamic optimization, the book presents the basic workhorse models of growth and takes students to the frontier areas of growth theory, including models of human capital, endogenous technological change, technology transfer, international trade, economic development, and political economy. The book integrates these theories with data and shows how theoretical approaches can lead to better perspectives on the fundamental causes of economic growth and the wealth of nations.
Innovative and authoritative, this book is likely to shape how economic growth is taught and learned for years to come.
- Introduces all the foundations for understanding economic growth and dynamic macroeconomic analysis
- Focuses on the big-picture questions of economic growth
- Provides mathematical foundations
- Presents dynamic general equilibrium
- Covers models such as basic Solow, neoclassical growth, and overlapping generations, as well as models of endogenous technology and international linkages
- Addresses frontier research areas such as international linkages, international trade, political economy, and economic development and structural change
- An accompanying Student Solutions Manual containing the answers to selected exercises is available (978-0-691-14163-3/$24.95). See: https://press.princeton.edu/titles/8970.html.
- For Professors only: To access a complete solutions manual online, email us at: email@example.com
- Publisher : Princeton University Press; Illustrated edition (4 January 2009)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1008 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0691132925
- ISBN-13 : 978-0691132921
- Item Weight : 1 kg 900 g
- Dimensions : 20.96 x 4.45 x 25.4 cm
- Country of Origin : USA
Refund & Exchange policy
Refund & Exchange policy
We have a 7-day return policy, which means you have 7 days after receiving your item to request a refund / exchange.
To be eligible for a refund / exchange, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
Opened electronic items and appliances cannot be returned or exchanged.
Search, Compare, Buy
A platform for product selection, price comparison and bargain shopping.
Bonuses, discounts, free shipping and much more directly on the Marketplace.